Our Members Help & Advice Pay and HR

Pay and HR


Agenda for Change Pay Award FAQs

In July 2022, the Government announced new Agenda for Change (AfC) pay rates.

Read the FAQs here.

How do I report sickness?

You can report sickness to the ward or unit you are due to work on through My:Bank. To do this, cancel your booked shift using the reason code ‘Sickness’. We also request you call the unit out of courtesy but this is not mandatory.

To see how to cancel a shift in My:Bank, please read our “How do I cancel a shift?" article here.

How do I claim sick pay?

If you are unwell 3 days or less, unfortunately you’re not eligible for sick pay.

On the 4th day in a row of your illness, you can claim sick pay if you:

  • have worked at least one shift for the last 13 weeks or,
  • have earnt at least £123 (before tax) for the last 8 weeks.

You need to complete an Employee's Statement of Sickness form – you can find the form here – and email it to payandreward@nhsprofessionals.nhs.uk. In your email you will need to include your name, date of birth, and a brief description of your illness.

If you are off sick for more than 7 days, we’ll need a fit note from your GP.

You must inform us of your sickness within 6 months otherwise we can’t pay you.

If you qualify, we’ll pay your Statutory Sick Pay (SSP) on the Friday after reviewing your claim.

If you don’t qualify for sick pay, we will send you an SSP1 form by recorded mail within 7 working days. Please complete this form and take it to your local Job Centre to claim for your sickness.

Can't find what you're looking for?